Wednesday, October 17, 2007

triumphant return

it's been some time since i've blogged and i apologize for my absence. i've been working many, many long hours at work and, being that i usually blog at work, i haven't been at my desk for most of those days and when i am, it's a fleeting visit.

lesions and coffee ...
ok, today i'm going to start off with a rant about one of my favorite things to rant about .... dunkin' donuts. man, i'm telling you ... i'm not even a huge fan of their coffee, but it's close and convenient for me when i am on my way to work. i'd be happier if there was a starbuck's or a caribou coffee, however, there isn't. anyway ...

so, today i go in and order my usual. the woman behind the counter taking my order is a person that i've seen maybe one other time in there and she never waited on me and i thought she was only a baker or something. apparently not. she asks if she can help me and my eyes wander to the large lesion blossoming on her left temple ... it looks bloody and i think i detect oozing ... not a pretty image as i order my coffee. she's disheveled and her hair is in disarray and images of the green-faced witch from the bugs bunny cartoons (you know the one where she leaves hairpins spinning in the air as she dashes off after bugs bunny while cackling witchily--is that even a word?). so, i order my coffee and she rings me up and then a guy behind her goes, "oh, we don't have lids so we can give it to you without a lid if you want." um ... what? in hindsight i should have said yes, then spilled it on me and burnt the hell out of my legs and then sued ... yeah, it says "CAUTION: HOT COFFEE" on the cup, but that's assuming that a lid accompanies the cup, yes? anyway, so i get an iced coffee instead. seriously tho? what fucking coffee place doesn't have lids? i mean, that's akin to walking in there and ordering a coffee and them saying, "oh, well, we don't have cups. i can pour it in your hands if you'd like." it's so frustrating. hot coffee is what gets my blood flowing in the morning. fucking dunkin' donuts.

marlboro baby ...
so ... the good mother had her baby, finally ... randy joe is his name ... wait, what? it's a girl, you say? a girl named randy joe? are you fucking kidding me? randy joe? randy joe? randy fucking joe? where the fuck are you from? come to find out, it's actually miranda jo (which, in my opinion, is just as white-trash as 'bobbi sue'). now, on the serious side ... miranda jo was born 4lbs and change ... the poor thing. she's currently in an incubator and it pisses me off that this poor child already has been dealt a shitty hand from the beginning. the good mother is evil.

now, previous to her giving birth to miranda, she was diagnosed with eclampsia, which is a complication of pregnancy involving high blood-pressure which is extremely dangerous for the baby. well, don'tcha know that the good mother signs herself out of the hospital A.M.A. (against medical advice) because they won't let her go down for cigarettes. are you kidding me?? jesus christ!! so, she gets admitted to the hospital again and she tells one of my co-workers that she's being held hostage by the doctors and nurses. they won't let her do anything and they don't know what they are talking about. man ... this woman gets fucking bonkers without her nicotine, doesn't she? anyway, they induced labor, i guess because of complications, and now poor little baby is incubating and i seriously hope that everything goes well for her. as for her mother ... she's going to hell.

move-in date ...
so, i finally got my move-in date for my new apartment in dundalk. i go and sign the lease on the 1st and get my keys and i actually move-in on the 3rd, which is that weekend. i've already contacted BGE and got the ball rolling with them and i've contacted comcast regarding cable and internet, but damn, that shit's expensive so i'm debating on whether i can do without a DVR for a while ... i mean ... it's only $11.00 more a month and it's damn useful and, well .. fuck it, i'm getting it ... so ... i guess i'll call and set up a time for them to come out on the 3rd in the later afternoon to get my shit setup. i can't see the actual moving process taking a long time, though i could be greatly under-estimating the quantity of my shit.

i'm so excited! i can't wait to move in. apparently i share the back wall of the apartment with eric and keith, two of my friends, so that'll be very cool. i know jamie is helping me move and i think steven said he would help as well, but i hafta give him a call. if anyone else wants to help ::cough cough:: mrstwink, theresa ::cough cough:: then let me know. i jest. i think we'll actually have enough people helping assuming steven comes, what with myself, my father, jamie and steven. but don't worry, kiddies ... i'll be having a little housewarming get-together soon. i'm registered at best buy. if you all want to go in together on the 56-inch widescreen tv, that's cool ... i know that even tho i only get one gift from you people, i'll know it's a gift fraught with love.

oh, one other thing i forgot to mention. i just found this funny. i was talking to connie, the apartment manager, about getting the phone numbers for BGE and comcast in that area and as the call was concluding, i told her to have a great day. her response ... "you too, babe." i bet she's cool as shit ... until my toilet breaks ... bitch.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I couldn't help but picture our scab picker at work when you said lesions and coffee...gross! What kinda coffee place doesn't have lids...SERIOUSLY!

Can't wait to see the new place so we can drill a hole in the connecting wall between your place and Eric's...peep show!! :)

Welcome back!!

Terri: said...

I'll help you move luv'. But you have to provide the refreshments. :)

MrsTwink said...

I can't wait to see your new place!

And my god, I hope child services takes that baby away from the good mother!