Tuesday, September 18, 2007

ramblings ...

this is going to be a short post as:

a) i have nothing really to blog about.
b) i'm tired.

i will start off by saying that apparently i ruffled some feathers (to steal your term, mrs.twink) about my comments regarding dundalk, however, this is my blog and i can say what i damn well want to, prejudices or not and all i've ever heard about dundalk are the 'white trash' references or i see the eye rolls when i mention the town. there's lots of places in maryland that are white trash, i just chose to post about dundalk because i am moving there. perhaps i'll make a weekly segment of white trash areas in and around baltimore. next week: pasadena! (jk jamie)

so, a reader left some comments and i've yet to check out the poster's website with pictures of the "beauty of dundalk," so as of yet i have no idea what he is referring to as the only "beauty of dundalk" i've seen so far was the woman with the wild hair carrying a garbage bag across the street, her knitted booties slipping off her feet as she meandered in front of me. she was beautiful. especially her hair that had yellowed from years of cigarette smoke.

i make no apologies for what i say here except that i'm sorry people seem to not take my opinion as just that ... my opinion.

moving on ...

6 of the 7 contractors here at work are being let go ... i, thankfully, am not one of them. i did call my contracting agency to see if they had heard anything to this effect and i was informed that the only time my company has contacted them for any reason was to start the process to being me on permanently. yay. so, yet again i get some more evidence of my company acquiring my exceptional talents permanently, however, this does little good until it actually happens.

i found out a couple of the permanent employees who received the email about temp employees being let go and that mandatory overtime was going to be enacted, emailed my boss with: "please tell me geoff isn't included in the ones getting let go." aww, that makes my heart get all fuzzy and warm ... or that's arrhythmia, not sure. but, yay, i'm liked. unless i talk about dundalk.

ending ...

ok, so, i'm done blogging today. i'm exhausted. i started my new schedule at work yesterday and didn't actually get out of here until almost 9 p.m. last night. it was a long, long day filled with lots and lots of work. ugh.

4 comments:

Terri: said...

Okay -- A) that guy is 57 years old and probably likes to believe that one day Dundalk will again be the most happening place to live in Baltimore. I'm thinking ... um ... not going to happen. -- and B) why did he get his panties so bundled up over your opinions about Dundalk? Sounds like that guy needs a life.

Yay! You're no longer going to be "the temp" (a little reference from "The Office" for ya). But you're working hours are poopy! :(

Scooter McFly said...

i'm a bit surprised he didn't comment on my homosexuality. i know how dundalkians feel about 'those people.' i'm sure the only post he's read by me was the one about dundalk. probably did a keyword search. but he did welcome me to dundalk. that was sweet of him.

regarding work: yesterday was just a really busy day and, quite possibly, subsequent mondays could turn out similar. meh. i guess the overtime is something to look forward to.

the rest of the week shouldn't be so bad.

Jamie said...

Yay Dundalk!! It's just across the Key Bridge from me so I guess I can't slam it too much...but I have the Cox Creek Water Reclamation Facility in my community so take THAT! Ha!!

I'm happy about your good fortune at work. I'm sure the Dundalk-Avenger doesn't have any problems with your homosexuality...after all property values in Dundalk are gonna soar now that the fags are moving in!!! Woo!!!

MrsTwink said...

Geoff - for whatever reason, I didn't see any of these new posts yesterday! Ugh, the servers at my office suck.

I'm glad you have a little more job security and am THRILLED that you're living a little closer to me. :)

And poo on the super-sensitive turd.