Wednesday, December 5, 2007

"baby it's cold outside ..."

today i find myself in a good mood, surprisingly, as my ride into work this morning sucked. snow seems to have a strange power as when it starts, soft flakes billowing out of the cloudy steel gray sky, people suddenly forget how to drive.

a light flurry began as i reached the toll plaza this morning and i got through, no problem. we all drive into the tunnel and about halfway through, traffic is suddenly starting to back-up. hmm. interesting. several minutes later i emerge into the world again and find that it is snowing ... the world has stopped. my visage is filled with red ... no, not from anger, but from the multitude of break lights as people are dumbfounded by this strange white substance that is falling from the sky.

motorist1: what is this stuff?
motorist2: omg, the world is ending.
motorist3: ::tuning the radio to an am news channel:: snow? what is this snow they are referring to?
motorist4: must go 25 miles per hour.
motorist5: argh, i'm dead!
me: fucking move you fucking idiots!

so, a trip that normally takes me anywhere between 15-25 minutes, took me close to 45 minutes today. glad i left early.

however, though i loathe driving in snow (and rain, shhhh), it always seems to lighten my spirit as it's so beautiful and reminds me that it is truly the holiday season.

happy holidays, everyone! enjoy this wonderful season and may you and yours have the best one imaginable.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I know!!
People suck...and not in a good way.

Jamie said...

Oh...Happy Fucking Christmas to you too!! :)

Terri: said...

I love the snow!! But, I do hate having to deal with the people who don't know how to drive in it.

Didn't we all grow up in Wisconsin like I did?

Charm City Kim said...

I wanted to run people over yesterday. My mom called me to remind me to "always let people pass you if they're trying..." She knows that I'm an aggressive driver!