Tuesday, August 21, 2007

::yawn::

wow ... i can't believe that it has been over a week since i last posted. i've been really busy at work (which is where i do most of my postings) and thus haven't been able to write anything noteworthy. i've managed a comment or two here and there and the occasional email, but that's about it.

this past week has been fairly uneventful and yet another reason i haven't posted anything. can you believe that nothing funny or exciting has happened to me all week? i think the world's ending! i know i have a tidbit or two for you tho ... lemme see.

1. i've put in for an application for an apartment in dundalk in the same complex that my friend eric lives in. dundalk ......... say it with me ........ dunnnnnnnnn daaaaaaaaaaaaaalk. meh, desperate times call for desperate measures.

2. they called me later in the week requesting further information ... i've yet to hear back from them. i hope in this case, 'no news is good news'. meh.

3. today i just got asked if i'd like to learn how to work on a different project within my company which, ultimately, could spell: "p-e-r-m-a-n-e-n-t e-m-p-l-o-y-e-e." i said yes and informed her that i was interested in learning all aspects within the company. believe it or not, i do know how to schmooz. i begin training next monday.

4. my jeep leaked a bit on me on the way to work today and it ran down my leg and looked like i pissed myself. ::not thrilled::

5. i've finished reading the second harry potter book again. on to #3. i'm catching quite a bit re-reading them like this and, since i love the story anyway, it's enjoyable all over again.

6. i adore mrs.twink. we were discussing offensive words and how she knows i would never do anything to offend her and she said that she would be afraid for the day that i actually did try to offend her. i asked why. apparently i'm clever and witty and catty and have a knack at saying hurtful things to people. i take that as a compliment. my friends have nothing to fear ... all others, beware.

my god this is a boring blog post. i just read it and i am thoroughly disgusted with my lack of wit and humor. oh well, too late now. i typed it all and i'm not letting that sneaky-avoid-the-boss'-eye-while-blogging subterfuge go to waste.

2 comments:

MrsTwink said...

Geoff - you are way wittier than me. I can just see us getting into a battle of words now.

Me: You suck!
You: [some uber clever comeback... its so clever that I can't even think of something to type!]
Me: Oh yeah? Well you suck!

See? You're much better at this.

Terri: said...

You?!?!? Offend? I could never see that! If someone gets offended by your witty sarcasm it's because they don't have a sense of humor or they just didn't get the point of the sarcasm -- which, in itself, is funny. Okay -- now I'm babbling. Great fun!