Friday, August 1, 2008

::peeks head in through door:: hello? anyone here?

wow ... almost 5 months ... that's just crazy ... or lazy, your choice.

ok, so before anyone starts berating me for my lack of blogs over the past few months, lemme just get my excuses out of the way now.

i have a new job where every single thing we do on the internet is virtually monitored and i, therefore, cannot blog from work like i could with my last job. pretty self-explanatory, yes?

the masses: but you can blog from home!

true ... true, i could ... but do i ever feel like it? no, and here's why ... i sit in front of a computer for 10 hours a day ... i get home and the last thing i even think about it turning on my computer. however, with the recent fuel crisis (yes, i think it's a crisis ... i mean, who wouldn't?) and the summer days, i've been given the option to work a 4-day work week, which. i. love.

so, it's friday ... i'm at home, not at work ... and i figured i'd try to get back into this blogging schtick.

the masses: yeah, we've heard that before!

i know, i know ... i'm a horrible, lying, flaky person, but here's the thing ... it just took me over an hour to get all my login information for this blog and do you think i would honestly expend that much energy and time on something i really didn't think i would follow through with? i seriously will try my best!

i can't believe i'd forgotten all my log info. i couldn't even remember the gmail account i used for a mental fracture. that's sad. i would blame it solely on my inactivity, but i think my hostory of drugs may be rearing it's ugly head and i'm developing early onset alzheimer's. someone shoot me if i start pissing and shitting myself. mrs.twink, i give you that task.

in closing, please forgive me for my absence ... i think it was a needed break for me. they say "absence makes the heart grow fonder" and i think my extended hiatus was necessary to be back into the blogging mood and have a fresh outlook on things.

4 comments:

Charm City Kim said...

that fact that you're blogging again has made my day! my week! my summer!

Thank you for making a comeback. :-)

Scooter McFly said...

it's my pleasure ... i just hope i don't disappoint.

Nanette said...

I've missed you! WELCOME BACK! Hope you're new job is going splendidly!

Scooter McFly said...

it is going very well, thank you! i've missed you too. i've been out of the loop for so long, but it's good to be back. :)