Monday, November 12, 2007

headaches, correction tape and martinis ...

i totally meant to post on friday, but circumstances prevented me from doing so. i'm going to cover a few days in this post today, though nothing interesting, i assure you ... but when have my posts ever been interesting?

tuesday
so, tuesday night i started feeling a bit gurgly in my stomach region and i was using the restroom far more frequently than i am accustomed. toward the end of the night i was vomiting from both ends. it was very unpleasant. i finally fell asleep--at around 3:30 am--in a fetal position on my sofa watching tv.

wednesday
morning came and i woke up, my stomach lurching, and made a call into work to advise them of my impending absence. yay, now i had the day to lounge and get better. yeah ... my luck prevented that. i get a call a bit later from my boss. she needed me to come in because the one other person in the office that knows how to correctly operate the scanning machines was out. i reluctantly agreed to come in, but in a limited capacity. i arrived at work at 10:15 am and left by 1:30 pm, went home, fell out on the sofa, and tried to sleep.

thursday
the pain in my head was excruciating. i woke to the sound of blood rushing in my ears and my eyes clenched tightly to ward off the light from the television. i picked up my cell phone and through bleary eyes noted the time of 4:15 am. i called out of work. i didn't care. i wasn't going to answer the phone later if anyone called either. i promptly fell back asleep and woke much later with a glare to rival the sun bathing my living room in fire. i knew then that i must go and find drapery hooks to replace the blanket i currently had hanging across my sliding glass doors leading to the balcony--which left about a foot and a half gap at the bottom allowing the painful brilliance to come in uninvited.

i slowly got dressed and steeled myself to leave my apartment. sunglasses on, eyes squinted, i left, got into my jeep and drove to homo depot. once there i meandered my way to the point where i assumed drapery hooks might be. nada. i asked an employee for help and, still squinting behind my sunglasses that i was wearing indoors and cringing at the loudspeaker everytime some jackass put it into his mouth and gargled incoherently, i was given directions to the proper location. i bought the hooks, sped home and hurriedly hung my drapes--rather haphazardly, i might add. ah, cool darkness. yay. throughout the course of the day my headache eased a bit--partially due to the fact that i was eating tylenol like smarties, but i still had a sensitivity to light and sound. not fun. oh well. sleep finally claimed me and i had to work on friday.

friday
i woke up and my headache was almost gone. no longer did i have any sensitivity to light or sound, so in my world ... all was as it should be.

now, in a previous blog i wrote about how i was running tests on one of the scanning machines we use here at work (ties into the character recognition software we utilize). anyway, well, thursday i had to run more tests but to do so, i had to cover up the numbers assigned to each medical claim--that i had previously scanned--so that i can rescan them for the test. so, several hours and 4 boxes of correction tape later, i was ready to scan and everything went smoothly, so yay. apparently the virus scan we have on the server was conflicting with the scans and it was removed completely for this test. however, it cannot remain removed. so, thankfully i haven't had to be on any conference calls to inform the jerk-off of this finding. oh well.

saturday
steven and paul stopped by and picked up up to go out to dinner. we went to the cheesecake factory--which i love--where i devoured a serving of ahi tuna appetizer and a filet mignon. i saved the cheesecake for later. i enjoyed too 'well-mannered dirty martinis' with four olives, please. yum. i love martinis.

after dinner we went back to my place and watched '1408' which i have to say was actually a decent movie, though i didn't care for the ending. steven and paul had left about halfway through the movie. i had fallen asleep and i was woken up by my phone ringing. i answered it.

me: hello? ::slurry, groggy voice::
steven: geoffrey! ::chipper, giggly voice::
me: hey boy.
steven: hey! i left my phone at your place!
me: ::looking around to find his phone and not seeing it:: you did? i don't see it.
steven: you're using it.
me: ::pulling phone away from my face and looking at it ... realizing steven was right:: oh! oh, ok. weird. ok, i'll bring it to you tomorrow. hafta visit my dad anyway.
steven: ok, thanks bud!

sunday
i drove to odenton, dropped off steven's phone, hung out for a bit, talked to mrs.twink on the phone for a few minutes, made dinner plans with them for this thursday, and then drove to my father's house, hung out for a while, played with hachiko, then finally went home and relaxed. sorry i missed your ladies clothing exchange, mrs.twink! next time, i promise! <3 you.

3 comments:

Nanette said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! That sounds so sad. :(

Charm City Kim said...

I feel so bad for you! You sounded like you needed a serious hug (not one of my cold robotic ones though).

but I have to disagree about 1408. That movie made me want to hit my head with a hammer.

Smooches!

Scooter McFly said...

thank you, nanette. ;) ya, thursday was pretty debilitating, but i bounce back quickly. :P

mrs.twink ... i haven't seen you in so long that i'll even take one of your robotic hugs. lol. i'm not sure what we're having for dinner thursday night, so any suggestions would be nice. are you guys bringing theresa too? she's more than welcome to come. jamie is invited as well.