Friday, November 30, 2007

i think i'm the only person ...

... who can get a neck injury simply by turning to look for traffic as i'm driving home.

ladies and gentlemen, i have glass bones and muscles, i swear to god. last night, while taking the exit for my neighborhood, i turned to look make sure the way was clear and devoid of traffic when suddenly i felt a sharp pain on the left side of my neck. my head immediately felt immobile and every movement; every bump in the road, sent a sharp stab of pain through my neck.

seriously? what the fuck. i just got over a neck pain that was affecting much more than just my neck ... it hurt to take a bite of food and swallowing was difficult and i couldn't look to my right. now, however, i'm able to eat and look to my right, but looking left is virtually impossible. sitting upright and watching tv last night was a challenge, and laughing during scrubs didn't feel too great and sleeping ... forget about it. i think i maybe got about 2 hours last night. i slept through my alarm this morning and, consequently, was late for work.

i think my warranty has finally run out. it's a sad state of affairs when a person can get injuries in a vehicle without being involved in some sort of accident.

i took some aleve with a strong cup of coffee this morning and the pain has lessened a bit already. oy! someone buy me a walker ... i've hit my peak.

3 comments:

Nanette said...

:(

If it makes you feel any better, I have the worst allergies, headache and neck pain. My warranty must be up, too.

www.sebsmith.com said...

you getting old.
pretty soon you'll need astronaut diapers just to go to the mailbox.
Don't feel so bad though, I did the same towel drying my hair a year or so back. Less exciting than looking at traffic.

Charm City Kim said...

That happens to me all the time! Just last month I threw out my back simply by turning around. oy!

Let's start a support group.