Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"food, poisonous food! ...

cramps and rectal dysfunction!" ~ sung to the tune of "food, glorious food" from oliver!

yesterday at work i began feeling peckish and by the time lunchtime rolled around, i was nearly ravenous. i went out and got some friend chicken fingers, some cajun fries and a couple mozzarella sticks. mind you i don't eat fried foods often, but for some reason i was craving. a couple hours later my stomach started to feel a bit queasy, but nothing major. it happens sometimes if i drink too much coffee ... no big deal. by the end of my work day, however, i wasn't feeling too hot, but i wasn't at the point of purge yet.

once i got home i tried to watch tv for a bit but just couldn't focus so i lay down instead, falling right out. i've been pretty exhausted lately. at around 3 o'clock this morning i woke up with stomach cramps and pretty severe nausea so i camped out in the bathroom. now, i won't enlighten you all with the details, but let me just say that work wasn't even an option today and a little after 6 a.m. i called out sick. right now i'm sitting on my sofa, watching tv (some DVRd shows) and sipping some hot tea. ugh. i feel like poo.

which actually brings me to the point of this post. don't let the title fool you. this isn't about me being sick, but i thought it was a nice segue.

as i stated, i'm watching shows that i have DVRd and every now and then a television show comes along and just absolutely wows me! examples include, but are not limited to: scrubs, the office, lost, heroes, 30 rock and a few others. recently i fell in love with a new television show that, i believe, is in its second season though for me it's season number 1. i am kicking myself in the ass now for not having found this show earlier because it is amazingly funny, witty, endearing at times and just altogether a very entertaining 30 minutes.

'notes from the underbelly' has definitely found a place in my top favorite shows and if you haven't seen it yet then i heartily recommend it. it comes on monday nights 9:30/8:30 central and it. is. amazing!

12 comments:

Jax said...

Yugh, feel better. Grab one o' those toilet reads.

Scooter McFly said...

lol, way ahead of you. :)

Charm City Kim said...

I've heard of this show but never watched it. I trust your judgement, Geoff... so I'm going to DVR it!

Nanette said...

I love Notes From The Underbelly, too! :) And I make Brent watch with me as research for when we finally have kids.

Scooter McFly said...

can i be your cooper when you have kids, nanette?

www.sebsmith.com said...

Hope you feel better.

Terri: said...

i hope you feel better. :)

Andréa said...

Eww. Hope you feel better. And I will have to DVR that show, it sounds cute!

Andréa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scooter McFly said...

thank you all for the get well wishes. much appreciated. ^^

and yes, that show is amazing. cooper is by far the best part of the show. she's sassy, sarcastic and hot ... basically me in a woman's body.

www.sebsmith.com said...

btw, was your title of the posting supposed to be sung to Oliver Twist "Food, Glorious Food"?

Scooter McFly said...

yup, brother of mine ... that's probably why i continued with "cramps and rectal dysfunction!" ~ sung to the tune of "food, glorious food" from oliver!" at the start of my post ...

aww .. good thing you're handsome.