Thursday, January 31, 2008

bittersweet endings ...

as i write this post, i have less than an hour at this job and i've got mixed feelings about that. while i am glad to be leaving a place that doesn't value their employees--a place that won't fight to keep the good ones and get rid of the bad ones--i'm also a bit sad as i've made a number of friends here in the 8 months that i've been employed at this location.

daisy dyke sent out an email yesterday asking if anyone would be interested in going to happy hour after work today. she told me she did this and i expected maybe 5 people to respond. well, apparently half the office plans on being there tonight and that makes me feel really good. throughout the day today i've been receiving emails--not those chain letter bullshits i usually get--wishing me well and telling me how wonderful it was to work with me; words of encouragement. i hate to admit it, but i think i teared up a couple of times. i really didn't expect any sort of outpouring such as that and it makes me feel good. nearly everyone, if not all, commented how i was able to bring a smile to their face at a place they really didn't feel like being ... how i could make them laugh.

i've always been a firm believer in that if i can brighten one person's day throughout the course of my own, then i've accomplished my own personal mission. i truly love to make people smile and it does my heart good to know that i've touched as many people here as i have ...

oh boy ... i sure hope HR doesn't read that last line!

so, the next time i manage a post at work, i'll have new people to write about and new stories to tell. hopefully i will keep up with the blog as well as i think i've done while here, as most of my postings were made while on the clock!

thank you to all the wonderful and colorful people i've had the pleasure to work with over the past 8 months. it's been real!

3 comments:

Nanette said...

I'm not surprised your good-bye party has so many attendees! I'm sure you'll be missed!

Charm City Kim said...

I just tried to leave a comment and stupid blogger ate it.

aaaaanywho - I'm with Nanette. Everyone loves you!

Scooter McFly said...

awww, thank you girls! i had a lot of fun and quite a few people showed up so that was nice. it was good to hang out with everyone outside of work and i really am going to miss the lot. :(