Friday, January 18, 2008

people in history who share my birthday!

ya, ya, i know ... a second post for today ... what can i say. just make sure you read today's actual blog.

1736: James Watts, Scottish 'steam' inventor

1737: Jacques-Henri Bernardin de Saint-Pierre, French author

1807: Robert E. Lee, American Civil War general

1809: Edgar Allen Poe, American author and poet

1839: Paul C麡nne, French painter (meh, i dunno what that little square is in his name.)

1943: Janis Joplin, American rock singer

1946: Dolly Parton, US country singer and film actress

i've known about edgar allen poe for a long time, but robert e lee? cool! and dolly parton?! omg, no wonder i love her!

7 comments:

Charm City Kim said...

DOLLY PARTON?! OMG!

Jamie said...

You always were a breast man

Andréa said...

YAY! Happy Meaty birthday!! Hope you don't start growing boobs or wearing wigs... wait... I take that back. That would make for an AWESOME post!!

Jax said...

I'm always fascinated by this topic!

However, I'm disturbed by some of the people I share a birthday with - including Charles Manson (oh dear God) and Tonya Harding (AAAAAGGHHHH!!!NOOOOOOOOOO!)

Terri: said...

i think it's pretty cool that you share your birthday with janis joplin and edgar allen poe. i'm not sure who i share mine with -- i'm going to have to google it. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Yahpee said...

Where did you find this info?

I've never even thought to look! I just found out I share a birthday with the mailroom guy at work.

He's nice.

That's about as informed on this topic as I am. heh.

Too cool about Janis Joplin dude!!

Scooter McFly said...

i just googled "january 19th birthdays" and i found a site listing famous people in history with that same birthday. :)