Monday, July 2, 2007

monday with a hangover

i'm at work right now and bored out of my mind. i'm waiting for more work to be scanned into the system to i can process some more medical claims, but alas, nothing has been scanned in yet and won't until ups gets here with the delivery. ::sigh::

i'm hungover--the nauseous type--and three aleve have done nothing to touch my headache. i think i need a beer ... a nice, ice-cold, recovery beer. i'm hungover because i went on a boating trip on the chesapeake this weekend with some friends.



we drank ... we swam ... we peed in the water. now i can't wait to get back into a public pool. don't swim behind me.

we also water-tubed and some of us even went water-skiing. oh, no ... no, not me ... i tried a couple of times, but i hurt my left ankle without ever getting upright. so, that and a mouthful/nose-full of brackish chesapeake, deterred me from making further attempts.

(author's note: walking in the shallows in the chesapeake is a lot like i imagine it would feel like if you were to walk through a bowl of chocolate pudding.)

so, now i'm limping around the office a little whenever i get up. i'm beginning to get stares. it's not a dramatic limp ... it sorta looks like i'm constipated.

ok, so, there were 7 of us on the boat, all but 2 being gay (we had 2 straight women with us ... we win!), and if you know anything about gay men, they love to drink. as a result, we had so much beer on board i think we had to count the coolers as a collective 8th person. now, i managed to get sunblock on all my visible body parts while sober, however, i left my legs bare because i wanted to get some sun. mistake. after drinking quite a bit, sunblock, for some odd reason, doesn't play a major role in my thought process and so i ended up with these lobster claws shown below. so, i'm hungover, gimpy and i have sunburn on my legs which makes everything all the more uncomfortable here at work.


what's better is that my legs are still eggshell white in the back, so with my farmer's tan and my half-burnt legs, my coloring is now plaid.

today just isn't my day.

alright ... lunch break is over. back to the boring task of sitting and waiting for work. ::glee::

(author's note: the pictures were not added during my lunch break. some edits were made once i got home.)

No comments: