Tuesday, July 17, 2007

wendy's werkers ar teh smrtest peeple in teh werld

today at lunch i had a craving ... it's not a craving i've had in a while but seeing as it's been a long time, i acted on it ... i was hankering for a wendy's double cheeseburger. oh yeah!

i got in my jeep and drove down to wendy's. the drivethru was completely thronged with vehicles so i made an executive decision and went inside where it was still crowded, but still seemed like it would take significantly less time to order and get my grub on.

i ordered a classic double cheeseburger and a large fry for myself and a jr. cheeseburger deluxe for mimi, one of my co-workers. the woman ... wait, let me rephrase that ... the high school aged girl behind the register fucked my order up and we corrected it. no, i didn't want a bacon double cheeseburger with the works, nor did i want a combo meal. i repeated my order and she rang it up. $3.70. that doesn't seem right. i asked her if it was.

pimply girl behind register: oh, i accidentally took off the double cheeseburger. let me put it back on.

she rang it up again and the price--i forget what it was--seemed more correct. so .. done ... i go wait in line to get my food.

somewhere back in the hell that is the wendy's kitchen i keep hearing a voice shouting at people, in one of those fake cheery tones.

disembodied voice: keep on smiling! the customers love service with a smile!
disembodied voice: that's right ... get those chicken nuggets done! that's my man ... my best man on the job!
disembodied voice: all right!! we're moving right along!

now mind you ... the voice is nasally and really starting to bug me and the girl who is standing next to me keeps rolling her eyes. i laugh and we start talking.

me: this place is a circus
woman: i know. remind me not to come here on my lunch ever again.
me: no doubt. especially when you only have 30 minutes.
woman: i know. and that guy is driving me crazy.
me: if i had to work for him i'd shoot myself in the face.
woman: ::laughs:: i don't know if he's being for real or if he's losing it.
me: maybe he's the comic relief?

while we were talking, people's orders are getting fucked up left and right and they keep coming up to the counter to inform the workers that they messed up. all i could do is laugh ... and look at my watch ... i've been there for almost 25 minutes already ... waiting ... where is my lunch?

finally my order is ready and i grab my bag and get the hell out of there as quickly as i can, wishing the woman i was talking to a "good luck" as i head to the door.

at the office i begin to unload my bag. i ordered for two people and got enough food for 5.

what i ordered:
  • classic double
  • a large fry
  • a jr. cheeseburger

what i actually got:

  • 2 classic doubles
  • 2 large fries
  • 2 crispy chicken nuggets
  • a jr. cheeseburger
  • a mound of barbecue sauce

i checked my receipt ... half of that isn't on here so i got extra shit for free. idiots. i ate the nuggets too because i love them. it was a nice treat. maybe they felt bad because i waited so long. i don't know. i gave the rest of the food i didn't order away.

p.s. i will not be going back there on my lunch break .... ever.

2 comments:

MrsTwink said...

Hahaha! I try to avoid Wendy's at all costs. I've heard HORROR stories.

In high school, the pregnant lesbo on welfare that also happened to work there warned me that I should NEVER order food from them. Its dirty. I was only safe getting a Frosty. Unless of course, I put out - then I could get all the food I wanted for free (just kidding).

At this same establishment, I watched a worker put someone's order of nuggets out, accidentally knock a nugget on the ground, pick it back up and PUT IT ON THE TRAY. ALL WHILE THE CUSTOMER IS WATCHING HIM! Priceless.

bricknhymr said...

That story is fantastic. This is why fast food and I don't agree...The people are soooooo bad. Though I do have a little spot for some Popey's Chicken.