Thursday, July 5, 2007

out with(out) a bang

well, we ended up not going to see the fireworks and i was completely fine with that. i mean, seriously, you've seen one fireworks display, you've seen them all ... there isn't much you can do to make it different than previous years. sure, you could try and make the finale more spectacular, but at some point you just reach a line that you cannot go beyond, short of dropping a nuke in the middle of the football field.

"well, i guess that's the finale." ::melt::

instead, steven, paul and i stayed at his place and watched 'reno 911: miami'. now, i love the show and i wasn't disappointed with the movie. sure, it was stupid, but so is the show ... i think that's the point.

after the movie i went home and fell asleep watching, 'illusionist' with edward norton. what i remember seeing--which isn't much--wasn't bad at all. i might have to start over when i get home from work today.

well, time to get my day started.

ta

2 comments:

MrsTwink said...

I felt the same way about Reno 911. The movie was just an extended version of the show but with cursing and boobs. I thought it was funny but I'm glad I didn't see it in theatres.

Glad to hear you had a relaxing 4th!

Jamie said...

I need to watch me some Reno 911.
I love the show - though I don't watch it religiously.

Glad you had a nice peaceful 4th!!!